Responsible for designing and developing components for medical devices. The Development Engineers initiate and oversee projects for CPT components from preliminary concepts to release of product. Responsible for meeting customer specifications throughout the development and design of product(s) and processes.
• Provide technical input on defining project priorities and company product goals
• Identify and solve department, system-level problems
• Contribute technical/scientific expertise and direction to department engineers and other company business functions
• Assume responsibility for interpreting data, organizing, executing, and coordinating project activities
• Lead large scale or multiple engineering projects with a high degree of independence
• Act as a mentor to other personnel in the Engineering department
• Provide technical and strategic input on managing company intellectual property relevant to area of work
• Bachelor’s degree in Plastics Engineering or Materials Engineering with a focus on polymers with 2-5 years relevant experience
• Experience in communication and working with a wide variety of associates
• Experience working independently and directing others towards a common goal
• Experience using analytical skills and problem solving
• Personal protective equipment including safety glasses, lab coat and gloves required in many areas associated with this position
• Sitting for extended periods, utilizes close visual acuity for working with computers, etc.
• Works under general office environmental conditions