The Manufacturing Operations Senior Manager is accountable for a designated group (i.e. unit) of product lines or manufacturing departments. The role is responsible for improving all aspects of manufacturing performance in the areas of Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost (SQDC) that are aligned with corporate and functional goals, through both individual leadership and by collaborating with other key leaders. Continuously improving the team, processes, materials, equipment and systems within the designated unit are critical to the group’s success.
- Lead daily manufacturing operations, utilizing the SQDC hierarchy, to ensure quality products in a timely manner.
- Ensure all team members have the tools and knowledge required to complete daily work safely and efficiently.
- Ensure compliance to internal policies and procedures.
- Identify and implement strategies to improve manufacturing SQDC results across short, medium and long terms.
- Understand and assess both complexity and risk, then simplify and mitigate accordingly.
- Continually analyze and evaluate data to inform decision making.
- Take ownership and drive a culture of continuous improvement.
- Partner with support organizations to maintain manufacturing performance.
- Support audits, tours and investigations.
- Provide positive leadership and support for change management initiatives.
- Provide effective report-outs and presentations to various audiences.
- Build and lead high performing teams.
- Identify and develop talent.
- Effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate professional behavior in-line with leadership competencies and company standards.
- Must maintain all training requirements for the position, while seeking out opportunities for continuous development and growth.
- Adhere to the Quality Management System and its processes to meet FDA 21 CFR 820, ISO 13485, and other applicable regulatory requirements.
- Must work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others throughout various levels of the global organization.
- Must strictly adhere to safety requirements.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Must maintain company quality and quantity standards.
- Must have effective communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative and independent work situations and environments with
- Ability to remain calm and receptive in fast paced situations.
Minimum Work Experience/ Educational Requirements
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Management or a related field; or experience of such kind and amount as to provide a comparable background required
- Minimum 5 years experience in manufacturing management preferred
- Experience/understanding of supply-chain/FLOW principles
- Knowledge of/or training in ISO, GMP and CFR standards
- Computer proficiency, experience with Microsoft products (Word, Outlook, Excel)
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- General office setting
- Exposure to moderate noise and light levels within manufacturing facility
- Requires close visual acuity when working with computers, etc.
- Maintain a physical presence in the areas of responsibility
- Proper attire/clothing and personal protective equipment/clothing as required within Controlled Production Areas