At Cook, there are common themes across every medical specialty we support: patients want to get better and doctors want simpler, more effective options. That’s why we work hard to improve our minimally invasive medical devices and the way they’re delivered to hospitals and doctors around the world. Being a family-owned business allows us to do what’s best for the patient. It gives us the freedom to work through a problem for as long as it takes to find the simplest solution.
The Senior Financial Business Partner directly supports functional operational groups, while aiding in the coordination of cross-functional alignment with the organization. In partnering with business operations, the Senior Financial Business Partner requires a high business acumen to significantly influence business decisions; to present financial and business analyses which generate business insights, adding measurable value to the organization; and to provide support for process and cost improvements.
Cook offers a collaborative working environment and a hybrid schedule. The general expectation for hybrid employees is to work on-site 1-3 days per week in Bloomington, Ind. depending on business needs.
Cook is dedicated to your career development. Please review our Careers page for more information about our programs. It’s important to us to help our employees reach their full potential, whether in their education, financial planning, or health goals. We take this seriously – our goal is to be a partner to you in your career, so you leave each day feeling fulfilled by the work you do. The path to success requires continuous education and life-long learning. It requires the flexibility to be able to find the right way for you and your life.
• Provide meaningful, actionable insights, advice, and financial leadership to executives/senior management.
• Maintain a comprehensive understanding of business groups supported, which includes the purpose behind the group’s strategic decisions, their core activities performed, and the impact to the organization as a whole.
• Ability to relate to and influence leadership. Various leaders consume information differently and may have different priorities. This individual needs to understand each leader, while having the ability to interpret various circumstances, while adapting their style to the situation.
• Develop regular and ad-hoc analyses for global functional leadership to provide insight into relevant business drivers impacting consequential business decisions.
• Support leadership in the interpretation of financial data and tracking against financial objectives.
• Team with functional leadership in the development, maintenance, and variance analysis of a rolling 18-month forecast.
• Work closely with business operations to proactively understand their needs and provide related solutions, analysis, and/or support.
• Express impact of business problems in financial terms, while being able to communicate financial results in terms of key business drivers.
• Play an integral role in the preparation of Cook Medical Executive team monthly presentations.
• Collaborate with other financial analysts to improve global reporting and coordination across all functions.
• Lead projects to identify, develop, and report key performance indicators, while aiding in the recording, tracking, and presentation of these KPIs, whether financial or non-financial in nature.
• Identify, recommend, and manage global process implementation and improvement projects.
• Review processes and results to ensure transactions have been recorded consistently and accurately.
• Express new ideas and think creatively to help address business needs.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or another related field, from an accredited university
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• 7+ years in corporate finance
• Experience with general ledger and reporting software, e.g., business intelligence software
• Effective leadership and management over multiple projects
• Strong analytical and process skills; attention to detail and data accuracy
• Financial and business acumen and leadership when undertaking financial reviews and assessments, applying judgment and providing direction on outcomes
• Work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others throughout various levels of the global organization.
• Work in collaborative and independent work situations and environments with minimal supervision.
• General office environment, sitting for extended periods
• Close visual acuity when working with computers, etc.
• Work remotely and also on-site in Bloomington, Ind.
• Perform the essential functions of the job, subject to reasonable accommodation requirements under the ADA