At Cook, there are common themes across every medical specialty we support: patients want to get better and doctors want simpler, more effective options. That’s why we work hard to improve our minimally invasive medical devices and the way they’re delivered to hospitals and doctors around the world. Being a family-owned business allows us to do what’s best for the patient. It gives us the freedom to work through a problem for as long as it takes to find the simplest solution.
The Corporate Development Manager will work within cross-functional teams on acquisition, investment, distribution, and divestiture opportunities, supporting negotiation, due diligence, and integration activities. The individual will collaborate across functional and regional boundaries to deliver solutions that grow long term-revenue and advance the strategic goals of Cook Medical. This individual can maintain a hybrid schedule in West Lafayette, Indiana; or work remotely outside of Indiana.
Cook is dedicated to your career development. Please review our Careers page for more information about our programs. It’s important to us to help our employees reach their full potential, whether in their education, financial planning, or health goals. We take this seriously – our goal is to be a partner to you in your career, so you leave each day feeling fulfilled by the work you do. The path to success requires continuous education and life-long learning. It requires the flexibility to be able to find the right way for you and your life.
• Participate in elements of Corporate Development initiatives, such as valuation, target and structure, due diligence, negotiation, closing and integration.
• Assist in establishing project plans for certain elements and provide measurable input to projects and strategies.
• Support the development and evaluation of strategic opportunities including valuations, making go/no-go recommendations, and proposing deal structures.
• Provide feedback on product roadmaps and strategic roadmaps to assist in buy vs. build analysis.
• Execute deal assessment, valuation, structuring, negotiation, due diligence and integration efforts within proposed timelines.
• Implement execution of special projects from executive leadership team.
• Assist in developing and implementing Corporate Development processes based on best practices.
• Assist in leading other projects as assigned, e.g., tracking of prior investments, post-deal management, etc., to enhance the group's connectivity with the organization.
• Assist in the preparation of agreements and support negotiations.
• Apply sound business judgment to routinely make recommendations on transaction terms.
• Coordinate formal due diligence, identifying and cross-functionally resolving key issues, and mitigating identified risks.
• Develop and present consistent and concise presentations and financial analysis to senior management and executive leadership across the organization.
• Support communication with external parties; support outreach activities to potential targets with senior management.
• Bachelor's degree from accredited university
• 10+ years of relevant experience including 2+ years in corporate development, investment banking, or venture capital, management consulting or a related role
• In-depth understanding across the Cook Medical business
• Understanding of how the Cook Divisions conduct business and of their pipeline objectives
• Awareness of MedTech developments and trends that impact areas of Cook Medical’s device business
• Work effectively across Cook functions and/or businesses to meet transaction team goals
• Strictly adhere to safety requirements
• Maintain regular and punctual attendance
• Maintain company quality and quantity standards
• Effective oral, written and presentation communication skills
• General Office Environment
• Sitting for extended periods; utilizes close visual acuity for working with computers, etc.
• Perform the essential functions of the job, subject to reasonable accommodation requirements under the ADA
Software Powered by iCIMS