The Data Modeler is responsible for the architecture and architectural deliverables for Cook Medical IT data environments. In alignment with enterprise architectural practices, they work closely with a team including data engineers, solution architects, software engineers, and operations staff to ensure a high quality, well-designed, and functioning IT data environments.
**Hybird or Remote position with expectation of Eastern Time Zone Hours.
• Create and manage architectural deliverables for the data domain and key initiatives.
• Collaborate with other members of the architecture team and subject matter experts to define the future state and influence priorities across IT technology to enhance and mature data capabilities.
• Participate in the evaluation and selection of key technologies and identify pilot opportunities.
• Conduct analysis of industry best practices, market offerings, and Cook opportunities to be proactive in advancing capabilities.
• Ensure the architecture / design of data components adhere to enterprise principles and quality standards.
• Identify, communicate, and mitigate potential technical risks per strategy or project.
• Collaborate with enterprise architects on the development and implementation of standards.
• Work in partnership with multidisciplinary teams to deliver well-designed solutions and help mature support staff procedures.
• Effective oral and written communications throughout various levels of the global organization.
• Ability to work in collaborative and independent work situations and environments with minimal supervision.
• Must have excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Must work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others to achieve company goals.
• Ability to remain calm and receptive in fast paced situations.
• Ability to quickly comprehend new technology capabilities and apply use.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, technology, engineering or related field.; or experience of such kind and amount as to provide a comparable background.
• Minimum of 3 years experience in data engineering, data architecture, and/or data modeling.
• Experience in a data architecture role preferred.
• Knowledge of data pipeline tools and scripting/programming languages.
• Proficient in data modeling, basic data architecture principles, SQL, Erwin, Microsoft SQL Server, NoSQL databases, Microsoft Azure (or other cloud data environments).
• Demonstrated organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Works under general office environment conditions
• Sitting for extended periods, utilizes close visual acuity for working with computers, equipment, etc.
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, subject to reasonable accommodation requirements under the ADA
• Requires occasional early morning or late evening teleconferences
• International and domestic travel as required
Software Powered by iCIMS