Summer Internship for a Desktop Support Specialist position at Cook Biotech Inc. provides the first line of support for all desktop, laptop, and other mobile device hardware and all user applications.
• Responsible for providing primary support for all desktop systems, software and mobile devices
• Responsible for setting up and deploying both desktop and laptop computers
• Responsible for supporting Microsoft Office applications, MS Project, and MS Visio
Responsible for supporting industry specific applications, virus software, and other desktop software products
Interact with IT ticketing system to self-assign and close support tickets as they come in.
Provide support of environmental monitoring loggers and software in lab and clean room environments.
Collaborate within IT department to help provide troubleshooting and solutions to address ongoing issues.
Other duties as assigned by the Information Technology
• Associates degree in computer-related field OR equivalent combination of education and/or work experience is required
• Strong knowledge of Windows OS and Microsoft Office applications
• Working knowledge of Mac OSX
• Demonstrated ability to support PC hardware and software
• Strong working knowledge of TCP/IP networking protocol
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems and provide superior customer service
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
• Physical demands are typical of an office and classroom environment
Software Powered by iCIMS