The Sustaining Engineering Intern at Cook Winston-Salem will be part of the Summer Internship Program. Paid internships at Cook Medical are offered for a period extending from mid-May through mid-August (Exact dates depend on school calendars.) All internships provide hands-on experience with meaningful projects in the Medical Device Manufacturing Industry.
Interns have been involved in projects in these areas: Equipment Application; Instrument Development; Manufacturing Support; Materials Management; New Technology Support and Development/ Process Control; Process Validation; Product Development; Quality Engineering; Project Engineering; Process and Systems Support: Research and Technical Writing.
• All candidates should have an interest in a career in the Life Sciences field, a willingness to take initiative, and an ability to work well with others
• Candidates should be students entering their Junior or Senior year the following fall semester or entering graduate school; candidates who graduate the spring semester before this internship are also eligible
• A minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred
• All candidates must provide proof of enrollment (including pre-registration certification for the following fall) for consideration
• Multiple disciplines will be considered (e.g., Life Science, Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, etc.).