The Senior Manufacturing Supplier Engineer (Global) is a leader in the department tasked with solving engineering problems, developing new products and processes, and leading engineering or company projects.
- Duties of Engineer in addition to the following:
- Provide technical input on defining project priorities and company product goals.
- Identify and solve department, system-level problems.
- Contribute technical/scientific expertise and direction to department engineers and other company business functions.
- Assume responsibility for interpreting data, organizing, executing, and coordinating project activities.
- Lead large scale or multiple engineering projects with a high degree of independence.
- Act as a mentor to other personnel in the Engineering department.
- Provide technical and strategic input on managing company intellectual property relevant to area of work.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work in collaborative and independent work situations and environments with minimal
- Must maintain all training requirements for the position, while seeking out opportunities for continuous development and growth.
- Prepare and maintain accurate documentation consistent with the requirements of pertinent regulations and Cook’s Quality Management System where applicable.
- Must work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others throughout various levels of the global organization.
- Must strictly adhere to safety requirements.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Must maintain company quality and quantity standards.
- Must have effective communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative and independent work situations and environments with
- Ability to remain calm and receptive in fast paced situations.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Minimum 5 years engineering experience, perferrably in medical device.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel/Project/Outlook, JBase, Livelink, Engineering Server, Business Objects.
- Ability to understand the overall and detailed functions of a business software application.
- Experience using analytical skills and problem solving.
- Experience in communication and working with a wide variety of associates.
- Experience working independently and directing others towards a common goal.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook and other business software applications.
- Works under general office environment conditions.
- Utilizes close visual acuity for working with computers and equipment.
- Frequently required to sit for extended periods of time, stand, walk, and communicate.
- Personal protective equipment including safety glasses, lab coat and gloves may be required in some areas associated with this position.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, subject to reasonable accommodation requirements under the ADA.