The Senior Manufacturing Operations Manager is accountable for the performance of day-to-day manufacturing operations, at all Cook Inc. sites, in the areas of Compliance, Effectiveness, Efficiency and Collaboration (CEEC) and in accordance with corporate and functional goals. This includes leadership and responsibility at all sites for the people, processes, materials, equipment and systems relative to manufacturing.
Leadership and Management Responsibilities
- Represent Manufacturing Operations on the CINC Leadership Team and the Manufacturing Subsystem
- Demonstrate professional behavior in-line with leadership competencies and company standards
- Provide effective report-outs and presentations to various audiences
- Implement and drive a culture of continuous improvement
Create a high-performing team
- Establish clear requirements
- Create an environment of trust and collaboration
- Engage and capitalize on the collective strengths of the team
- Be fair and consistent in all dealings
- Ensure the right people are in the right place at the right time with the right skills to meet our commitments
- Develop all leaders and address ineffective ones
- Know the capabilities of the team and ensure high-performers are provided growth opportunities
- Drive decisions to the appropriate level of the organization
- Define clear goals/expectations for the team, in alignment with corporate and functional objectives
- Execute daily to drive toward the established goals of the company (e.g. QPIATM, KPI's, MPS, Business Plan, etc.)
- Identify, understand, evaluate and address any obstructions that hinder achieving company goals
- Communicate changes in priorities and reevaluate expectations as necessary
- Recognize and execute change management initiatives
- Support audits, tours and investigations
- Must maintain all training requirements for the position, while seeking out opportunities for continuous development and growth
- Adhere to the Quality Management System and its processes to meet FDA 21 CFR 820, ISO 13485, and other applicable regulatory requirements
- Must work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others throughout various levels of the global organization.
- Must strictly adhere to safety requirements.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Must maintain company quality and quantity standards.
- Must have effective communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative and independent work situations and environments with minimal supervision.
- Ability to remain calm and receptive in fast paced situations.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Management or a related field; or experience of such kind and amount as to provide a comparable background required
- Experience/understanding of supply-chain/FLOW principles
- Knowledge of/or training in ISO, GMP and CFR standards
- Computer proficiency, experience with Microsoft products (Word, Outlook, Excel)
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- General office setting
- Exposure to moderate noise and light levels within manufacturing facility
- Requires close visual acuity when working with computers, etc.
- Maintain a physical presence in the areas of responsibility
- Proper attire/clothing and personal protective equipment/clothing as required within Controlled Production Areas
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, subject to reasonable accommodation requirements under the ADA.