Lead entity level procurement and supplier management team to ensure required materials, services, and supplies are procured in a manner consistent with demand plans, entity business processes, entity QMS supplier controls, cost-savings goals, and in alignment with the Global Category Management team.
• Lead entity procurement team – provide direction, performance assessment, professional and individual development.
• Lead discussions in supply related matters to drive corrective action while working and communicating with cross functional counterparts.
• Identify and/or deliver on overall savings objectives and other annual objectives as defined while prioritizing material availability.
Ensure Material Availability
• Ensure that supply shortages are addressed and resolved to support manufacturing operations.
• Collaborate with the Category Management and entity Leadership teams and escalate entity supply issues as required.
• Seek global procurement help when supply shortages can’t be resolved at the local level.
• Assess supplier change requests and prioritize these requests via close collaboration with supplier quality engineering and supplier engineering to drive closure on a timely basis.
Optimize Matrix Interactions
• Ensure that entity procurement activities are executed in-line with relevant global policies, standards, guidelines, and operating procedures.
• Support contracting activities as needed; review master agreements, statements of work, change orders, or similar documents as directed by the category team or site leadership.
• Communicate entity level procurement requirements to the Category Management team and to entity leadership.
• Participate in local entity meetings, CI activities, training and team building events, and engage effectively with others across Cook Medical.
• BA/BS degree required; MBA or the equivalent preferred
• 5+ years in procurement or supply chain
• Must have 3+ years of management experience
• Must be knowledgeable of procurement systems, tools, policies and procedures
• Both Direct and Indirect Procurement experience preferred
• Demonstrated experience in negotiations, driving cost reduction strategies and day to day procurement operations
• CPSM or CPM preferred
• Knowledge in demand planning and inventory management
• Excellent communication skills
• Must be willing to manage within an organization undergoing change
• Must be able to work in a global structure while supporting the assigned entity
• Willing to travel 30% of the time