The Engineering CO-OP at Cook Inc. is a paid temporary assignment in Quality Engineering that occurs generally during a school semester. All CO-OP positions provide hands on experience with meaningful projects in the medical device manufacturing industry.
• Engineering CO-OPs may be involved in projects in the following areas: Statistics Quality Engineering, Systems Support and Technical Writing
• Produce engineering deliverables/documents; Provide analysis of recommended solutions to any obstacles or problems during production
• CO-OPs are assigned a direct mentor who provides a unique perspective of life at Cook. Mentors are chosen from Engineers and all mentors are responsible for guidance for their CO-OPs
• Adhere to the Quality Management System and its processes to meet FDA 21 CFR 820, ISO 13485, and other applicable regulatory requirements
• Must maintain all training requirements for the position, while seeking out opportunities for continuous development and growth
• College/University student entering Sophomore, Junior or Senior year the following Fall Semester or Graduate student enrolled in Engineering.
• Minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred.
• All candidates must provide proof of enrollment in an accredited college or university
• Works under general office environmental conditions
• Sitting for extended periods, utilizes close visual acuity for working with computers, equipment, etc.
• Experience recording and analyzing data and clearly expressing conclusions and recommendation in writing
•Occasionally lifting with minimal exertion during shift
• Personal protective equipment including safety glasses, lab coat and gloves may be required in some areas associated with this position