Develops hardware systems, with firmware, and/or provides software systems testing and validation in support of R&D Engineering.
Responsible for the analysis, design, programming, debugging and modification of hardware and firmware applications and testing solutions. Work often involves hardware utilizing analog and digital and software operating systems.
• Documents hardware/software development and/or test development by writing documents, reports, memos, change requests. Methods used are determined by approved procedures and standards
• Analyzes, evaluates, verifies requirements, for software and systems by using engineering practices.
• Investigates, researches, selects designs, operating systems.
• Ability to effectively work in technical cross-functional teams to develop new products.
• Continuously improves process and work methodologies by interfacing with peers/cross-functional groups and analyzing activities to improve workflow and work processes.
• Must work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others throughout various levels of the global organization
• Must strictly adhere to safety requirements
• Maintain regular and punctual attendance
• Committed and willing to invest in delivering results
• Must maintain company quality and quantity standards
• Must have effective oral and written communication skills
• Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work in collaborative and independent work situations and environments with minimal supervision
• Ability to remain calm and receptive in fast paced situations
• Familiarity with software development for UI and PC client applications
• Familiarity with software development for mobile/tablet applications
• Strong working knowledge of IEC 60601 standards, including IEC 62304
• BS Degree in Electrical/Computer/Systems/Software Engineering, or related field
• Minimum of 3 years of experience analyzing hardware and software requirements, design, and testing.
• Experience with multi-tasking real-time operating system
• Agile development experience
• Experience and understanding of the validation process
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Good manual dexterity.