At Cook, there are common themes across every medical specialty we support: patients want to get better and doctors want simpler, more effective options. That’s why we work hard to improve our minimally invasive medical devices and the way they’re delivered to hospitals and doctors around the world. Being a family-owned business allows us to do what’s best for the patient. It gives us the freedom to work through a problem for as long as it takes to find the simplest solution.
The Data Quality Analyst will provide quality assurance oversight (i.e., data error detection and correction) where data is collected, stored, transformed or used. Key responsibilities include data governance tasks associated with the integration, cleaning, transformation and control of data in operational and analytics data systems. This person will work with stakeholders to aid in the data governance by contributing to efforts to capture and manage the control inventory, measuring effectiveness of controls, and managing data quality requirements to resolve gaps or issues.
• Lead data quality processes such as data analysis, profiling, monitoring and cleansing to drive data quality improvements.
• Perform audits as required to ensure quality processes exist and are being followed.
• Investigate, troubleshoot and document data issues from internal and external stakeholders.
• Perform root cause analysis on data issues and recommend data quality controls to resolve gaps or issues.
• Collaborate with technical and operational subject matter experts to understand and remediate data quality impact.
• Document inventory of current state data quality controls.
• Identify critical data elements and document new data quality rules to support functional data maturity.
• Develop, test, deploy and automate data quality rules using data quality/AI/ML tools.
• Develop data quality dashboards to report on data quality KPIs and metrics to stakeholders.
• Identify, analyze and address problems to resolve issues whenever possible in a way that minimizes negative impact and risk to the organization.
• Bachelor's degree in analytics, computer science or a related field
• 3+ years using SQL to query databases and reporting results in a summarized format
• 5+ years experience analyzing data and finding anomalies using strong analytic and organizational skills, with the ability to influence change
• Knowledge of research methods, statistical or data analysis
• Strong analytical/problem solving and decision making skills
• Data warehouse knowledge and/or experience
• Collaborate and communicate with technical and non-technical business owners
• Ability to handle high level of stress and interpersonal interactions
• General office environment
• Sit for extended periods
• Close visual acuity when working with computers, etc.
• Infrequent domestic/international travel
Cook offers a collaborative working environment and a hybrid or remote schedule, depending on the employee's location. The general expectation for hybrid employees is to work on-site 2-3 days per week.
Cook is dedicated to your career development. Please review our Careers page for more information about our programs. It’s important to us to help our employees reach their full potential, whether in their education, financial planning, or health goals. We take this seriously – our goal is to be a partner to you in your career, so you leave each day feeling fulfilled by the work you do. The path to success requires continuous education and life-long learning. It requires the flexibility to be able to find the right way for you and your life.