At Cook, there are common themes across every medical specialty we support: patients want to get better and doctors want simpler, more effective options. That’s why we work hard to improve our minimally invasive medical devices and the way they’re delivered to hospitals and doctors around the world. Being a family-owned business allows us to do what’s best for the patient. It gives us the freedom to work through a problem for as long as it takes to find the simplest solution.
The Senior Manager, MDM is responsible for all functional aspects of Master Data Management initiatives including data governance, data quality, strategy and roadmaps. This role will work closely with process architecture, IT, leadership and stakeholders to manage daily operations, and provides leadership and direction to the functional team.
• Accountable for leadership and strategic vision of the global, enterprise-wide MDM program.
• Lead and inspire a team of data professionals to build and maintain data hubs and a robust data governance program with data quality monitoring and operations, setting direction for team and deliverables.
• Collaborate with business units, functions, stakeholders, peers and vendors to identify business cases, define strategy, roadmap and priorities for all master data domains.
• Accountable for MDM requirements, design, governance and data quality for all MDM domains; propose and incubate new ideas and solutions for MDM.
• Support definition, prioritization and planning of business capabilities.
• Measure progress towards business goals through MDM metrics and linking metrics to business benefit and data value metrics.
• Manage program risks, change management and communications across all domains and stakeholders.
• Coach, mentor, and develop direct and indirect reports to inspire high performance and professional growth.
• Develop and foster strong relationships with internal stakeholders and external partners, addressing complex issues to effective resolution.
• Drive and manage overall scope, budget, resources, milestones and timelines.
• Significant relevant experience required, including within a manager role
• 10+ years experience in relevant field including 6+ years in data governance or MDM
• At least 6 years in a management role
• Solid stakeholder management skills and customer focus
• Drive work results amidst ambiguity
• Competence in data literacy, data governance, communication and visualization
• Experience in leadership and change management
• Able to lead with vision and purpose
• Organizational savvy
• Strong interpersonal skills, communication and collaboration
• Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
• General office environment
• Sit for extended periods
• Requires close visual acuity when working with computers, etc.
• Infrequent domestic/international travel
Cook offers a collaborative working environment and a hybrid or remote schedule, depending on the employee's location. The general expectation for hybrid employees is to work on-site 2-3 days per week.
Cook is dedicated to your career development. Please review our Careers page for more information about our programs. It’s important to us to help our employees reach their full potential, whether in their education, financial planning, or health goals. We take this seriously – our goal is to be a partner to you in your career, so you leave each day feeling fulfilled by the work you do. The path to success requires continuous education and life-long learning. It requires the flexibility to be able to find the right way for you and your life.