The Machine Operator at K-Tube Technologies will be skilled in operating machinery in one or more departments of Weld, Plug, Sink, Straightening, Cutting, Chop Cut, and CG. Knowledgeable in performing set ups in accordance with established procedures. Trained in the proper use of tooling for small, medium or large gauge sizes. Will also be responsible for the maintenance of all tooling used in manufacturing. Instructed in sampling procedure and inspection techniques on measuring the OD, using OD gauge and pin gauge for measuring ID. Must be certified to operate a machine and sign off on production. Performs process checklist and sampling procedures.
All positions are temp-to-hire - training to be certified on processes, must complete minimum of 520 hours in order to convert to FT K-Tube employee. Training may not be on the same shift as position.
Base pay rate is $19.60/hr plus 10% shift differential - 2nd shift, 15% shift differential - 3rd shift.
K-Tube has 3 shifts for production employees: First shift 6:00am – 2:30pm; Second shift 2:00pm – 10:30pm; Third shift 10:00pm – 6:30am. Third shift works Sunday night through Friday morning. First and Second shifts work Monday through Friday. Shift schedules may be adjusted due to business needs at management’s discretion. Employees may be required to work mandatory overtime on Saturdays and/or any other days scheduled per business needs.
Alternate and part-time shifts are also available - Alternate shifts - 12 hour shifts - Day - Fri-Sun, 10:00am - 10pm, Night - Thurs - Sat - 10:00pm - 10:am; Part-time shifts - Night - Thurs-Sat, 10:00pm - 6:30am, Day -Fri-Sun, 6:00am - 2:30pm
Please indicate what shift you are interested in when submitting your resume.
• Responsible for producing quality products
• Performs set up per KTI for department
• Informs Shift Supervisor of production and/or quality problems
• Record production results on process record and in system
• Record labor hours against work orders in system
• Record result of process set up on the checklist form
• Record result of sample per the sample form
• Performs relate duties as assigned by supervisors
• Meet or exceed productivity and quality standards
• Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor
• Maintains the work area and equipment in clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations
• Must be familiar with the basic machine functions in order to perform the tasks stated above
• Must be willing to accept and receive frequent supervision and assistance with regard to machine set-up
• Must be willing to work mandatory overtime on Saturdays and or on any other days scheduled per business needs
• Must be familiar with the Company Policy Manual and adhere to behavior and attendance guidelines
• High School Diploma/GED or equivalent years of relevant experience
• 6 months manufacturing experience
• Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
• Moderate to heavy physical effort required
• Ability to stand for long period of time
• Regularly required to sit or stand, reach and move about the facility
• Exposure to metals, lubricants, solvents, electrolytes and other hazardous materials
• May work at different departments or shifts as production needs require
• Required to wear K-Tube t-shirt