The Accounting Administrator collects customer balances within the North America Accounts Receivable Shared Service business function. The role works closely with customers and customer support team to maintain a portfolio of customer receivables with a focus of minimizing financial risk and maximize collections.
The Finance department at Cook offers a collaborative working environment and a hybrid schedule. The general expectation is to work on-site 2-3 days per week.
Cook is dedicated to your career development. Please review our Careers page for more information about our programs. It’s important to us to help our employees reach their full potential, whether in their education, financial planning, or health goals. We take this seriously – our goal is to be a partner to you in your career, so you leave each day feeling fulfilled by the work you do. The path to success requires continuous education and life-long learning. It requires the flexibility to be able to find the right way for you and your life.
• Maintain portfolio of customers’ Accounts Receivable (AR) balances including monitoring and following up on aged items to ensure timely collections.
• Establish and monitor customer credit limits and credit terms, ensuring cash collection occurs within these terms to minimize financial risk.
• Escalate delinquent customers through risk mitigation process, ultimately resolving underlying issues or escalating for further risk mitigation.
• Understand how collector DSO and other key AR metrics work, the underlying drivers, and how to use this information for targeted collection efforts.
• Collect and maintain core AR data for portfolio customers, including contact information, payment methods, and other key customer attributes.
• Collaborate with other Cook companies and functions to resolve billing or pricing issues.
• Cover incoming customer calls, monitor shared email boxes, log customer issues, and process phone payments.
• Investigate and resolve customer queries, positively connect with customers, and anticipate needs in order to provide exceptional customer service.
• Use software to keep detailed notes regarding conversations with customers and outcomes.
• Participate in special projects as needed.
• Work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others throughout various levels of the global organization.
• Strictly adhere to safety requirements.
• Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
• Maintain company quality and quantity standards.
• Effectively communicate and work in collaborative and independent work situations and environments with minimal supervision.
• Remain calm and receptive in fast-paced situations.
• High school diploma or GED required
• Experience in accounts payable or other accounting field preferred
• Experience with Microsoft Office products, including PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook
• Must have excellent 10-key data entry skills
• Associate's degree or equivalent course work in accounting or finance
• A/R experience in a professional environment
• This position is currently hybrid working 2-3 days per week in the office with the remainder working from home
• General office environment, sitting for extended periods
• Requires close visual acuity when working with computers, etc.
• The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 20 pounds
• Manual dexterity and coordination required while operating standard
office equipment such as computer keyboard, mouse, and 10-key.