The Capital Equipment Specialist’s primary duty is to support the sale of capital equipment and services to physicians, hospitals, and outpatient facilities by serving as a clinical expert, mentor, and resource to the business for aspects critical to achieving company goals. The Capital Equipment Specialist will be customarily and regularly away from Cook’s place of business performing job functions and duties.
The Urology division of Cook Medical focuses on the diagnostic and therapeutic products with an emphasis on stone management, oncology, voiding dysfunction, and pelvic health.
Product line includes ureteral access sheaths, dilation and occlusion balloon catheters, ureteral and urethral stents, stone extraction devices, biopsy needles and forceps, drainage catheters, lasers, and lithotripters.
For more information about Cook Medical, visit www.cookmedical.com.
• Support the evaluation and sale of the Quanta laser portfolio
• Function as an advisor to the Clinical Sales team to advise on pricing, lead generation and evaluation support
• Educate customers on the Quanta laser portfolio, through conversations, presentations, in-service training and literature
• Collaborate with internal teams, including Clinical Sales, Cook Capital Equipment, Medical Education, Product Management, Marketing, and Training
• Participate in national, state, and regional sales exhibits
• Participate in the strategy and development of capital program
• Assist in the tracking of capital equipment opportunities and the creation of capital equipment proposals
• Assist in the management of agreements for capital equipment evaluations, sales, and placements
• Utilize CRM system consistent with company expectations
• Proactively share clinical best practices and knowledge amongst teammates via calls, meetings, CRM, and other relevant forms of communication
• Must strictly adhere to safety requirements
• Meet deadlines and complete administrative tasks such as expenses, training, policy acknowledgements, etc. in a timely manner
• Must travel overnight as needed; expectation of up to 75% travel
• Maintain regular and punctual attendance
• Must maintain company quality and quantity standards
Additional functions/duties as assigned, including but not limited to:
• Work with Manager, Strategic Capital on strategy and business plans
• Provide local support for projects, initiatives, or events which could include marketing, program/product management, ambulatory business, commercial business, product launches, contract conversions, feedback initiatives, support of national meetings, etc.
• Assist in the execution of VISTA courses or Fellows events and initiatives
Minimum Work Experience/Educational Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred; or experience of such kind and amount as to provide a comparable background
• Minimum 2 years of prior experience in B2B medical sales, or in a relevant clinical/technical role in a healthcare setting preferred
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft software, e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Ability to work in collaborative and independent work situations and environments with little direct supervision
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
• Ability to travel overnight and on weekends as needed, expectation of up to 75% travel
• Work under general office environmental conditions
• Subject to reasonable accommodation requirements under the ADA, must be physically capable of operating a motor vehicle on a regular basis, a holder of a valid driver's license, and in good standing to legally operate a motor vehicle.
• Frequently lift product, weighing between 20 and 75 lbs.
• Frequently required to stand for extended periods
• Sit for extended periods, utilize close visual acuity for working with computers, etc.
• Occasionally required to walk, stoop, kneel and/or crouch