The Engineering Team Leader is a leader in the department responsible for the effectiveness and efficiency of an engineering team and their ability to complete their projects/tasks.
• Teach/mentor team members about processes/systems.
• Provide technical and non-technical direction for projects/tasks.
• Identify ways to expedite projects and avoid historical mistakes.
• Monitor and report project progress, delays, and completions.
• Give input on project resource estimates and current team resource allocation.
• Identify and communicate training and developmental needs for team members.
• Provide direct and frequent positive and constructive feedback on performance and improvement areas for team members.
• Review and approve team member documentation and expense reports.
• Communicate with other departments to identify and troubleshoot project issues.
• Provide feedback to management on areas for improvement from a systems and personnel standpoint.
- Must maintain all training requirements for the position, while seeking out opportunities for continuous development and growth.
- Prepare and maintain accurate documentation consistent with the requirements of pertinent regulations and Cook’s Quality Management System where applicable.
- Must work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others throughout various levels of the global organization.
- Must strictly adhere to safety requirements.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Must maintain company quality and quantity standards.
- Must have effective communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative and independent work situations and environments with
- Ability to remain calm and receptive in fast paced situations.
• BS in Engineering or related technical discipline; or experience of such kind and amount as to provide a comparable background.
• A minimum of 2 years Cook experience or significant outside medical device experience.
• A history of high performance demonstrating proficiency in several of the above listed job functions/duties preferred.
• Dependent upon demonstrated proficiency, significantly skilled individuals lacking in the minimum length of experience or education listed above may be considered for this position.
• Sitting for extended periods, utilizes close visual acuity for working with computers, etc.
• Works under general office environmental conditions.
• Significant travel (3-4 times per month) may be required.
• Personal protective equipment including safety glasses, lab coat and gloves required in many areas associated with this position.
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, subject to reasonable accommodation requirements under the ADA