The Assembler at Cook Spencer assembles medical devices according to written specifications and manufacturing instructions.
Shift: 3/12hr Shifts - Friday-Sunday 6a-6:30p. With 15% shift differential included. You will be entitled to participate in the employee benefit plans and programs available to similarly situated employees, including health, dental, optical and life insurance, and retirement benefits. All terms and conditions of the benefits are set out in Cook’s master policies. Cook also provides its employees with paid time off benefits and paid holidays.
- Must work with written specifications and manufacturing instructions to assemble a variety of medical devices.
- Perform work in compliance with Cook Quality Policy Manual.
- Complete quality work at accepted department determined rates.
- Handle tools, e.g. razor blades, hole punch, and table top grinder.
- May use a microscope or magnification in the assembly process.
- Maintain accurate and complete documentation.
- Make sound judgment decisions after initial training.
- Report quality problems or findings to Management.
- Ability to work independently or in a team based setting.
- Must maintain all training requirements for the position, while seeking out opportunities for continuous development and growth.
- Adhere to the Quality Management System and its processes to meet FDA 21 CFR 820, ISO 13485, and other applicable regulatory
- Must work and interact effectively and professionally with and for others throughout various levels of the global organization.
- Must strictly adhere to safety requirements.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Must maintain company quality and quantity standards.
- Must have effective communication skills and ability to work in a collaborative and independent work situations and environments with
- Ability to remain calm and receptive in fast paced situations.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma, High School Equivalency Diploma or participating in a Cook sponsored program to obtain a High School Diploma or Equivalency Diploma.
- Must meet the Visual Acuity Screening Requirements of 20/40 vision using both eyes with or without correction.
- Occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent repetitive motion
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to grasp, carry, feel or touch; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch; communicate..
- Proper attire/clothing and personal protective equipment/clothing as required within Controlled Manufacturing Areas.
- Moderate exposure to noise level in the work environment that is moderate to occasionally loud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, subject to reasonable accommodation requirements under the ADA