The MedSurg Development Engineer at Cook Medical solves engineering problems, develops products and processes, and works under supervision to complete engineering projects for a range of medical devices.
• Follow 21CFR and ISO standards in project work
• Utilize engineering knowledge and technical expertise to execute project work
• Complete projects consistent with corporate and departmental objectives by engaging the efforts of other engineering, manufacturing, regulatory, quality assurance, and marketing staff
• Contribute to the intellectual property of the company via invention disclosures and patent applications
• Prepare and maintain accurate documentation of concepts, designs, drawings, and manufacturing processes consistent with the requirements of pertinent regulations and Cook’s Quality Management System
• Maintain and increase technical, medical and biomedical development knowledge related to the company’s product lines
• Maintain accurate and timely reports and records
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology
• 3-5 years of experience
• Experience using analytic skills and problem solving
• Works under general office environmental conditions
• Sitting for extended periods, utilizes close visual acuity for working with computers, equipment, etc.
• Personal protective equipment including safety glasses, lab coat and gloves required in many areas associated with this position