The Senior Network Administrator at Cook Medical is part of the IT Infrastructure workstream, which supports the global production, office, and manufacturing IT services for Cook companies by providing security, network switches, routers, wireless, and WAN services across a globally distributed network. This role is responsible for designing, building, maintaining, supporting, and administrating highly available network infrastructure in multiple 24/7 data centers.
• Provide creative and innovative solutions to IT needs.
• Implement and manage changes to local and wide area (LAN/WAN) networks, including switches, routers, firewalls and wireless.
• Troubleshoot and diagnose network and voice problems.
• Provide maintenance and support of hardware and software, including life-cycle management of systems and related applications.
• Provide liaison support for IT and consulting companies.
• Monitor and analyze network infrastructure for performance improvement.
• Provide emergency on-call support and performs occasional after-hours/weekend maintenance updates.
• Lead and drive Network Automation, AWS/Azure Networking.
• Provide technical guidance and vision on Cloud native Network architecture.
• Assist with the administration of a complex network environment.
• Create designs, conduct capacity analysis, participate in projects, evaluate new product standards and recommend purchases.
• Stay abreast of industry advancements, maintain relationships with key vendors and mentor more junior system administrators.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other related field, or experience of such kind as to provide a comparable background.
• Advanced degree and senior level industry certifications preferred (e.g. CCIE, CCNP, JNCIE, VCP-NV).
• Prior knowledge of resiliency requirements for developing technology and ability to develop enterprise disaster recovery plans and conduct DR testing for on-prem and cloud environments.
• Knowledge of business continuity, risk and major incident management frameworks and certification in one or more technical competencies (AWS, GCP, Azure, VMware, Networking, DR, Solution Architecture, and Security) is preferred.
• Enterprise class experience with cloud networking, specifically Azure networking.
• Cisco certifications preferred.
• Experience remotely managing the day-to-day responsibilities for data centers in multiple regions of the country.
• Enterprise class experience with networking designs, standards, and routing protocols; 5+ years preferred.
• Enterprise class experience with Cisco routing and switching products; 5+ years preferred.
• Project design lead level experience with VPN, Wi-Fi, firewalls, SD-WAN, WAN circuits, and MPLS technologies.
• Periodic travel required
• Works under general office environmental conditions
• Sitting for extended periods, utilizes close visual acuity for working with computers, etc.