The Human Resources Internship position at Cook Medical is a 12-week paid internship located in Winston-Salem, NC. It is offered for a period extending from mid-May through mid-August (exact dates depend on school calendars.) This position includes 401(k) options, onsite cafeteria, an assigned mentor, one-time housing stipend, capstone presentation, intern events, and more. All internships provide hands-on experience with meaningful projects in the Medical Device Manufacturing Industry.
The focus of this internship is to assist the HR department with ongoing projects and initiatives while exposing the intern to various areas of HR (recruitment, employee relations, benefits, and learning & talent development). The HR intern will gain a basic understanding of the various areas of Human Resources. They will assist and potentially lead HR projects that bring value to the department.
• All candidates should have an interest in a career in the Life Sciences field, a willingness to take initiative, and an ability to work well with others
• Candidates should be students entering their Junior or Senior year the following fall semester or entering graduate school; candidates who graduate the spring semester before this internship are also eligible
• A minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred
• All candidates must provide proof of enrollment (including pre-registration certification for the following fall) for consideration
• Multiple disciplines will be considered (e.g., Marketing, Life Sciences, General Business, and Management)